Our criminal defense team provides legal representation to people from all walks of life who are accused of all types of crimes.
If you are arrested, our attorneys are versed in every aspect of state and federal criminal defense, with over 50 years of combined experience in the criminal justice system. We have handled a vast array of cases, ranging from petit larceny to securities fraud, from harassment to homicide, and of course representation of members of the service who discharge their firearms. We are also very active in the defense of DWI cases. We are aggressive advocates for our clients, and we will vigorously pursue every available avenue in defending you to the fullest extent possible.
We offer round-the-clock representation, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We cover cases in the New York metropolitan area and the surrounding region, including the five boroughs of New York City, Long Island, Westchester, Rockland, Orange, Putnam and Dutchess counties. We have offices in New York City and Long Island. In extraordinary circumstances, we have handled matters elsewhere, including Syracuse, Albany and even Atlanta, Georgia.
We regularly appear in the criminal courts of New York State and in United States District Court and are committed to providing the best representation possible for each and every one of our clients. Every person we represent is treated with respect, and every case is given the individual attention it deserves.
Our Services Include:
- Investigations: If you are the subject of an investigation, our attorneys will meet with the police, District Attorney’s Office or United States Attorney’s Office and try to prevent an arrest from happening. It is extremely important to have an attorney with you before you talk to law enforcement officials, whether they are local police, federal agents or prosecutors.
- Arrest Appearances: In the event of an arrest, our attorneys will appear with you for arrest processing, meet with the police and protect your rights. If you have been arrested, our office should be contacted immediately. Even if you think you might be arrested, contact us immediately, as our attorneys may be able to prevent the arrest. Even if we cannot, we may be able to expedite the arrest and arraignment process.
- Arraignments: When you are arraigned, it is important to be represented by a competent attorney who is familiar with your case, as opposed to an attorney who has only met you minutes before you appear before the judge. Even in New York City, where arraignments take place until the early morning hours, we are there for our clients day or night.
- Grand Jury Appearances: If you are subpoenaed to appear before a Federal or State Grand Jury, or if you are trying to decide whether you should testify in your own case, our attorneys can assist you. We have prepared and guided many clients through the intimidating Grand Jury process, and have had a number of cases dismissed by the Grand Jury at the very early stages of a case.
- Trial: While our attorneys do their best to stop arrests or get cases dismissed at an early stage, sometimes a trial is necessary to vindicate a client’s rights. We are experienced trial attorneys, and we employ our intelligence and expertise for our clients, giving them the best possible chance of obtaining a not guilty verdict after trial.
If you, a friend or loved one is in need of criminal representation, contact Marissa Gillespie or James Moschella immediately.